Nestled among the forests of the Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar is a well-known hilltop getaway in the Satara district of Maharashtra. Various geographical features, such as the Arthur’s Seat plateau, Pratapgad Mountain, Lingmala Waterfall, and serene Venna Lake render Mahabaleshwar the apt holiday destination. Growing up in this midst of nature in Mahabaleshwar is what every parent wishes for their child. Here’s why this location is the best for a boarding school.
- Goodbye pollution: Away from the bustle of the city, Mahabaleshwar offers a fresh and clean environment for everyone. Present within the forests on the hilly Western Ghats, the location is pristine and unpolluted. Children growing in this area are free from the polluted atmosphere of the city and lead healthier lives here.
- The sheer geography: It is hard for children to look at their textbooks and understand the possible geographical terrains. Here, in Mahabaleshwar, children can see and experience the varying terrains and abovementioned geographical features for themselves. This helps them understand better and learn more.
- Greenery and scenery: The forests and open spaces are apt for children to grow up in. Playing on grass, breathing the fresh mountain air is not only healthy but also a great experience.
- Fresh produce: Who doesn’t love eating fresh strawberries? People come from all over just to grab a spoonful of strawberry and cream. Fresh strawberries, raspberries, and mulberries growing in fields and factories such as Mapro serving tasty delights makes Mahabaleshwar the place to be. Furthermore, corn grown in this region is extremely fresh. Corn patties and berries with cream is all anyone needs to satisfy their hunger pangs.
- The lake: Venna Lake not only provides water to Mahabaleshwar but also is a destination for leisure. Venna Lake is a great experience.
- Outdoor activities: The plateau terrain is apt for activities such as horse riding. Furthermore, mountain climbing, trekking, and paragliding are some more fun activities to enjoy in Mahabaleshwar.
The location is thus perfect for learning and growing up. And for those who haven’t been there yet, Panchgani a stones’ throw away from Mahabaleshwar is worth a visit.
St. Peter’s School, Panchgani is open for admissions for the 2017 intake. Visit http://peterspanchgani.org/admission2017 to know more!